Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Do you Aggregate Pages?

Aggregating pages are an online digital dashboard where a person can add links to pages they wish to highlight and other gadgets offered through the site. I like to think of this as a teachers desk. A teachers desk consists of a computer and all the components she/he may need to complete the days objectives. The online digital dashboard are like the teachers desk, just online. The teacher can post different websites and gadgets that are useful and interesting.

This week I reviewed two websites (Netvibes and Protopages) that utilize aggregating pages. Both sites have a free option when creating your page and both pages serve as the same function. I chose to use Protopage because I found it was easier to navigate and I like the ease of use when it came down to customizing my page(s). A feature I did like is that I can have tabs to customize the content on that specific tab. In hopes of moving forward and implementing this into my classroom and activities I a involved with, I could create a tab for each of my classes. I would create a digital design tab, BPA tab (student organization), yearbook tab, and possibly a type of me tab. This was I could send students according to either the organization they are in or the class they are in for resources outside of the classroom. A unique feature that I could also add to each page, that I found VERY useful, was not only can you add a twitter feed of your posts, but you could add different twitter handles that are being talked about. This would be very neat to incorporate for each tab according to the subject.

I really do like being able to use a single platform where I can pretty much link all of my web 2.0 technologies all together in one central location. It can sometimes become overwhelming when you have to think all of the technologies you use online. This will really help my online teacher desk stay organized.

Check out my Protopage by clicking here or copy and paste the following link: http://www.protopage.com/educationismotivation

No comments:

Post a Comment